Ground Transportation Permitting
Companies wishing to operate taxi, limousine, van-shuttle, courtesy vehicle, or baggage service at the Sarasota Bradenton International Airport must obtain a Ground Transportation Permit. The permit term is one year effective January 1 through December 31. The application package consists of the Ground Transportation Permit form, Exhibit A - Application, Exhibit B - Sworn Statement on Public Entity Crimes and Exhibit C – Rules and Regulations. These forms should be completed and returned to the Properties Department along with necessary insurance and license information.
Instructions for Completion of the Form:
- TWO (2) copies of the permit form must be completed, signed, and submitted. A fully executed copy will be returned to you upon approval. Download the Ground Transportation Permit and Instructions for filling out the form.
- Exhibit A – Application – complete name, address and contact information - list all vehicles which will be used. Download the Ground Transportation Permit Application
- Exhibit B - Sworn Statement on Public Entity Crimes – complete and sign in the presence of a notary. Download the Sworn Statement on Public Entity Crime
- NOTE: Item #6 – only one statement should be checked.
- Include a check made payable to the Sarasota Manatee Airport Authority in the appropriate amount for your operation:
- $350 per company plus $15 per permit sticker for each vehicle
- Include a current Certificate of Insurance - Authority must be named as Additional Insured and receive 30 days notice of cancellation, non-renewal or material change per Article 8.
- NOTE: vehicles listed on Exhibit A, Application, must agree with vehicles listed on insurance policy.
- Please review Exhibit C - Rules & Regulations and ensure all of your drivers are aware of proper procedures for picking up and dropping off passengers. Download the Operating Rules & Regulations
- One-time Pickup Application.
Upon review and approval of all necessary documents, the permit form will be signed by the President, CEO and permit stickers will be issued for each vehicle by the Properties Department. Additional Information:
- VEHICLES MAY NOT BE LEFT UNATTENDED IN THE COMMERCIAL VEHICLE QUEUING AREA. If you wish to meet a passenger in the baggage area, someone must remain with the vehicle or arrangements must be made with the Police Dept. (see article 3.3.7 of the Rules & Regulations).
- PASSENGERS MAY BE PICKED UP ONLY IN THE COMMERCIAL VEHICLE QUEUING AREA AND ONLY BY APPOINTMENT. NO CRUISING.
If you have any questions about Ground Transportation permitting, please telephone Diane Drakulich at 359-2770, ext. 4205 or email email@example.com.